Acute Care Oncology Nursing, 2e
Free Shipping Included! Acute Care Oncology Nursing, 2e by Saunders at Nursing Comments. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. As the likely first responder in an emergency, you need quick access to essential information on the potential complications of many different cancer
- A consistent format throughout helps you quickly find the information you need, no matter what the topic.
- This indispensable reference is written and reviewed by both oncology and acute care nurses, ensuring accuracy, currency, and clinical relevance.
- Coverage of each cancer includes pathophysiologic mechanisms, epidemiology and etiology, risk profile, prognosis, professional assessment criteria (PAC), nursing care and treatment, evidence-based practice update, patient teaching, nursing diagnoses or DSM-IV, evaluation and desired outcomes, and discharge planning with follow-up care, where needed.
- The latest prognosis statistics give you a realistic picture of the survival possibilities for your patients so you can provide the most appropriate nursing care and patient education.
- Multiple-choice review questions with answers and rationales at the end of each chapter help reinforce your understanding of key concepts and prepare you for certification examinations.
- Special boxes highlight pediatric-specific care considerations for working with children.
- Six new chapters ― Biliary and Pancreatic Obstruction, Depression and Cognitive Dysfunction, Dyspnea and Airway Obstruction, GI Obstruction, Heart Failure, and Spiritual Distress ― keep you up to date with the latest advances in oncology nursing.
- Evidence-based rationales in the nursing interventions help you apply the latest research findings to actual practice.
- Each chapter includes a new section on pathophysiology to help you understand the physiologic processes associated with each oncologic complication.
|Item Weight:||1.85 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.75 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.85 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.5 x 1 x 1 inches|