Advanced Pediatric Assessment, Second Edition
Super Savings Item! Save 36% on the Advanced Pediatric Assessment, Second Edition by Ellen M Chiocca at Nursing Comments. MPN: illustrations. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Now in its second edition, Advanced Pediatric Assessment is an in-depth, current guide to pediatric-focused assessment, addressing the unique
Now in its second edition, Advanced Pediatric Assessment is an in-depth, current guide to pediatric-focused assessment, addressing the unique anatomic and physiological differences among infants, children, and adults as they bear upon pediatric assessment. The second edition is updated to reflect recent advances in understanding of pediatric assessment for PNPs, FNPs, and other practitioners, as well as students enrolled in these advance practice educational programs. This includes a new chapter on the integration of pediatric health history and physical assessment, a Notable Clinical Findings section addressing abnormalities and their clinical significance at the end of each assessment chapter, updated clinical practice guidelines for common medical conditions, updated screening and health promotion guidelines, and summaries in each chapter.
Based on a body-system framework, which highlights developmental and cultural considerations, the guide emphasizes the physical and psychosocial principles of growth and development, with a focus on health promotion and wellness. Useful features include a detailed chapter on appropriate communication techniques to be used when assessing children of different ages and developmental levels and chapters on assessment of child abuse and neglect and cultural considerations during assessment. The text presents nearly 300 photos and helpful tables and boxes depicting a variety of commonly encountered pediatric physical findings, and sample medical record documentation in each chapter.
NEW TO THE SECOND EDITION:
- A chapter on the integration of pediatric health history and physical assessment
- Notable Clinical Findings addressing important abnormalities and their clinical significance in each assessment chapter
- Updated clinical practice guidelines for common medical conditions
- Updated screening and health promotion guidelines
- Accompanying student case study workbook (to be purchased separately)
- Focuses exclusively on the health history and assessment of infants, children, and adolescents
- Provides the comprehensive and in-depth information needed by APN students and new practitioners to assess children safely and accurately
- Includes family, developmental, nutritional, and child mistreatment assessment
- Addresses cultural competency, including specific information about the assessment of immigrant and refugee children
- Fosters confidence in APNs new to primary care with children
Ellen M. Chiocca, MSN, CPNP, APN, RNC-NIC, is a clinical assistant professor in the School of Nursing at DePaul University. She received a master of science degree in nursing and a postmaster nurse practitioner certificate from Loyola University, Chicago, and a bachelor of science degree in nursing from St. Xavier University. Prior to joining the faculty at DePaul University, she taught at Loyola University, Chicago, from 1991 to 2013. Ms. Chiocca's clinical specialty is the nursing of children. Her research focuses on how various forms of violence affect children's health. She is certified in neonatal intensive care nursing and as a pediatric nurse practitioner. In addition to teaching at DePaul, Ms. Chiocca also continues clinical practice as a pediatric nurse practitioner at a community clinic in Chicago. Ms. Chiocca has published more than 25 journal articles and book chapters, and is also a peer reviewer for the journal Neonatal Network. She is currently pursuing a PhD in nursing.
|Manufacturer:||Springer Publishing Company|
|Brand:||Ellen M Chiocca|
|Publisher:||Springer Publishing Company|
|Studio:||Springer Publishing Company|
|Item Weight:||0 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.37 x 11 x 11 inches|
|Package Weight:||4.3 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.4 x 1.4 x 1.4 inches|