Aging, Society, and the Life Course, Fifth Edition
Extreame Savings Item! Save 43% on the Aging, Society, and the Life Course, Fifth Edition by Leslie A Morgan Suzanne Kunkel at Nursing Comments. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. [This] book's unfading preoccupation with social context, social processes, and social structures distinguishes itself and greatly contributes to the
[This] book's unfading preoccupation with social context, social processes, and social structures distinguishes itself and greatly contributes to the discourse in gerontology.
This classic text, now in its fifth edition, is distinguished by its emphasis on social context, social processes, and social structures as part of a broader understanding of the sociology of aging and the life course. Presenting an objective view of the realities of aging, both positive and negative, the book examines aging from micro/macro, personal, community, societal, and global perspectives. This fifth edition describes important changes in the field of social gerontology and the growth in such topics as diversity, global aging, and the life course. It addresses major shifts in public policy, social institutions, and aging-related programming initiatives. There is a strong focus on the changing landscape of aging, particularly in regard to social engagement, employment and lifelong learning, enhanced health and independence, and livable communities for people of all ages. Additionally, the book includes new information on the Affordable Care Act and end-of-life issues.
The text is uniquely organized, featuring theoretical discussions in each chapter and topical essays between chapters. Critical thinking and review questions foster an in-depth understanding of the material. Written in an engaging style, the text is for graduate and upper-level undergraduate students; it is also used effectively in introductory gerontology classes. In addition to an Instructor's Manual, the fifth edition now includes Power- Point slides.
NEW TO THE FIFTH EDITION:
- Provides updated data on aging and baby boomers in the United States and worldwide
- Presents expanded focus on baby boomers'; impact on the larger society
- Discusses major public policy changes and innovative services and programs affecting older adults
- Uses detailed examples to illustrate the challenges of sorting out age, period, and cohort effects in research on aging
- Covers the Affordable Care Act and up-to-date information on Medicare
- Features new information on end-of-life issues
- Presents provocative essays on positive and contemporary issues not typically covered, including love, sex, creativity, media representations, LGBT aging, and crime
- Focuses on enhanced health and independence and aging-in-place initiatives
- Provides learning objectives in each chapter and web-based extracurricular activities
- Includes PowerPoint slides in addition to an Instructor's Manual
|Manufacturer:||Springer Publishing Company|
|Brand:||Leslie A Morgan Suzanne Kunkel|
|Publisher:||Springer Publishing Company|
|Studio:||Springer Publishing Company|
|Item Weight:||0 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.94 x 10 x 10 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.79 pounds|
|Package Size:||5.85 x 0.73 x 0.73 inches|