Assessing and Measuring Caring in Nursing and Health Science: Second Edition (Watson, Assessing and Measuring Caring in Nursing and Health Science)
Free Shipping Included! Save 1% on the Assessing and Measuring Caring in Nursing and Health Science: Second Edition (Watson, Assessing and Measuring Caring in Nursing and Health Science) by Brand: Springer Publishing Company at Nursing Comments. MPN: 1, black & white illustrations. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. As in the first edition, the author has done a magnificent job compiling these instruments and providing important information that the reader can
As in the first edition, the author has done a magnificent job compiling these instruments and providing important information that the reader can use to evaluate their usefulness."
--Ora Lea Strickland, RN, PhD, FAAN (From the Foreword)
This book provides all the essential research tools for assessing and measuring caring for those in the caring professions. Watson's text is the only comprehensive and accessible collection of instruments for care measurement in clinical and educational nursing research. The measurements address quality of care, patient, client, and nurse perceptions of caring, and caring behaviors, abilities, and efficacy.
Newly updated, this edition also contains three new chapters, which document the most effective caring language and provide innovative methods of selecting appropriate tools for measurement based on validity and reliability.
Key features of new edition:
- A chapter providing a comprehensive literature review of the research and measurement of caring
- A chapter entitled "Caring Factor Survey," which presents a new scale based on Watson's original theory of human caring
- Chapters outlining instruments for care measurement, including Holistic Caring Inventory, Peer Group Caring Interaction Scale, and many more
- New instruments focused on assessing caring at the administrative-relational caring level
- An updated section dedicated to challenges and future directions of the measurement of caring
|Manufacturer:||Springer Publishing Company|
|Brand:||Brand: Springer Publishing Company|
|Part Number:||1, black & white illustrations|
|Publisher:||Springer Publishing Company|
|Studio:||Springer Publishing Company|
|MPN:||1, black & white illustrations|
|Item Weight:||1.4 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.92 x 10 x 10 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.75 pounds|
|Package Size:||7 x 0.83 x 0.83 inches|