Case Studies in Primary Care: A Day in the Office, 2e
Mega Sale! Save 27% on the Case Studies in Primary Care: A Day in the Office, 2e by imusti at Nursing Comments. MPN: 9780323378123. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Real-world scenarios help you develop clinical reasoning skills for primary care! Case Studies in Primary Care: A Day in the Office, 2nd Edition
Real-world scenarios help you develop clinical reasoning skills for primary care! Case Studies in Primary Care: A Day in the Office, 2nd Edition includes 50 case studies on the most commonly encountered situations in primary care. Demonstrating the kinds of health problems that a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant might see during a typical clinical day, case studies cover patients from various cultures and all ages. You’re asked to analyze data and think critically in reaching accurate diagnoses and planning effective treatment; you can then submit your responses online for grading and instant feedback.
- Real-world scenarios offer the opportunity to analyze clinical situations likely to be encountered in today's primary care settings, providing practice in clinical reasoning skills.
- Day in the Office format presents cases hour by hour, in the way a typical clinical day might unfold.
- Emphasis on problem-based learning helps you to think critically and analyze clinical situations ― such as ear infections, diarrhea, and coughing and fever ― in order to provide appropriate primary care.
- Six NEW cases are included (for a total of 50), with three focusing on older clients with more complex health challenges, one addressing unplanned pregnancy, and two addressing practice management issues.
- NEW! Emphasis on follow-up care addresses patients coming to the primary care setting from retail clinics, rehabilitation settings, or acute-care settings, and underscores the importance of interprofessional collaboration.
- NEW! Enhanced patient diversity includes cases for all age groups, and reflects a more contemporary appreciation of cultural diversity and gender/gender identity.
- NEW! Updates to all cases ensure that case studies and feedback are consistent with the latest research evidence, clinical practice guidelines, and national and international treatment standards.
- NEW! Online answer submission allows you to write Assessment and Plan answers in the printed book, then submit answers online for grading and feedback.
- NEW! Grading rubrics are provided on the companion Evolve website to help you develop your answers.
- NEW! Introduction explains how to get the most out of the book.
|Item Weight:||0.97 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.5 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.01 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.8 x 0.4 x 0.4 inches|