Clinical Teaching Strategies in Nursing, Fourth Edition (Clinical Teaching Strategies in Nursings)
Mega Sale! Save 28% on the Clinical Teaching Strategies in Nursing, Fourth Edition (Clinical Teaching Strategies in Nursings) by Gaberson Kathleen B at Nursing Comments. MPN: illustrations. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Named a 2013 Doody's Core Title and Essential Purchase! Praise for the Third Edition: I recommend this book as an introduction to new educators
Named a 2013 Doody's Core Title and Essential Purchase!
Praise for the Third Edition:
I recommend this book as an introduction to new educators involved in clinical teaching."
-Journal for Nurses in Staff Development
The fourth edition of this highly acclaimed text continues to provide a comprehensive framework for planning, guiding, and evaluating learning activities for graduate and undergraduate nursing students in numerous clinical settings. A respected resource for clinical faculty, it addresses the distinct requirements of clinical learning as opposed to classroom learning and provides proven strategies to maximize clinical education. The revision features expanded content on teaching graduate students, regulatory issues affecting distance education, and the use of social media. It covers establishing and using dedicated education units (DEUs), the challenges of student access to electronic health records and documentation of care, and reducing the demands of clinical staff members when multiple students rotate through a particular setting.
Additionally, this edition provides guidelines for using preceptors, evaluating multimedia, and observing students in practice; sample observation guidelines, learning assignments, and clinical learning activities; and sample policies for clinical evaluation and adherence to professional conduct standards. It includes the latest revisions of the NCLEX test plan and the AACN Essentials guidelines for nursing education. The instructor?s manual, which includes learning activities for each chapter and teaching suggestions, and PowerPoint presentations accompany the text.
New to the Fourth edition:
- Two completely new chapters: the first "Developing Clinical Learning Sites," and the second "Pedagogical Technologies for Clinical Education"
- Expanded approaches for meeting the clinical needs of graduate students
- Regulatory issues affecting distance education across state lines
- Using social media
- Discussion of benefits of DEUs and practical suggestions for developing them as clinical teaching sites
- Important content regarding the NLN CNETM Examination Detailed Test Blueprint
- Challenges of student access to electronic health records
- Guidelines for using preceptors, evaluating multimedia, and student observation
- Sample observation guidelines, learning assignments, and clinical learning activities and sample policies for clinical evaluation and professional conduct standards
|Manufacturer:||Springer Publishing Company|
|Brand:||Gaberson Kathleen B|
|Publisher:||Springer Publishing Company|
|Studio:||Springer Publishing Company|
|Item Weight:||1.15 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.89 x 9 x 9 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.15 pounds|
|Package Size:||5.9 x 1 x 1 inches|