Competency Management in Long-Term Care: Skills for Validation and Assessment
Free Shipping Included! Competency Management in Long-Term Care: Skills for Validation and Assessment by HCPro at Nursing Comments. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Assess, measure, and validate the competencies of your nurses with ONE resource. The only way to know if your staff is performing their duties
Assess, measure, and validate the competencies of your nurses with ONE resource.
The only way to know if your staff is performing their duties correctly is to evaluate employee competence. But what is the best method to do so? The HCPro resource Competency Management in Long-Term Care: Skills for Validation and Assessment is the perfect solution to your competency challenges.
This practical, easy-to-use manual and CD-ROM set provides the logic behind competency validation and offers guidance to instructors about how to test staff competencies effectively and efficiently.
This resource allows you to:
- Train staff educators and managers on how to perform competency validation
- Save time by combining competency assessments and performance reviews
- Maintain consistency and keep up with new competencies
- List potential categories for new competencies and identify best practices for implementing new competencies
- Differentiate between orientation checklists and skills checklists
An entire section devoted to a complete list of competencies!
Staff educators and managers alike will be able to find the competencies they need fast. We even put all the competencies on the companion CD-ROM for quick, on-the-go access.
Packed with customizable checklists and forms!
With this resource you'll have everything you need to develop and test your nurse's skill sets. The easy-to-use tools included pinpoint which steps are critical in order to accurately evaluate the competency of your staff.
Here's just a sample of some of the tools included:
- Competency-based program policy
- Successful Completion of Competency Assessment Training Form
- New Competency Assessment Checklist
- Skills Checklist Template
- Competency-based Orientation Checklist
- Nursing Assistant Orientation Checklist
- Competencies Tracking Sheet
A wide range of competencies for a wide range of needs
This toolkit provides a wide range of long-term care nursing competencies including those that are tested at orientation and also throughout their time of employment. The validation of nursing competencies is the perfect way to assess whether or not a facility's staff member can perform his or her duties. This book makes it easy.
A must-have for: Administrators, DONs, Staff Educators, Nurse Managers, Clinical Managers
Table of Contents
List of Competencies
List of Figures
About the Authors
About the Contributing Authors
Chapter 1: Why is Competency Validation Required?
Chapter 2: What is Competency Validation?
Chapter 3: Competency Validation in Job Descriptions and Performance Evaluations
Chapter 4: Train the Staff to Perform Competency Validation
Chapter 5: Keep Up With New Competencies
Chapter 6: Using Your Skills Checklists
|Item Size:||0.5 x 10.5 x 10.5 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.1 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.2 x 0.6 x 0.6 inches|