Curriculum Development and Evaluation in Nursing, Third Edition
Huge Savings Item! Free Shipping Included! Save 20% on the Curriculum Development and Evaluation in Nursing, Third Edition by Keating Sarah B at Nursing Comments. MPN: 9780826130273. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. This is a detailed yet practical guide to planning, developing, and evaluating nursing curricula and educational programs. It provides a
This is a detailed yet practical guide to planning, developing, and evaluating nursing curricula and educational programs. It provides a comprehensive and critical perspective on the totality of variables impacting curricular decisions... This book provides readers with a comprehensive overview of curriculum development, redesign, and evaluation processes and exposes them to the variables impacting curricular decisions... 92 - 4 Stars.Kathleen A. Poindexter, PhD, MSN, RN, CNE, Doody's Book Reviews
New Edition of The Leading Nursing Text on Curriculum Development and Evaluation!
This third edition of the leading nursing text on curriculum development and evaluation continues to address relevant NLN and AACN core competencies for curricula in all undergraduate and graduate nursing programs. Written for graduate students and faculty, this new edition responds to the many changes that have occurred in nursing and education since the second edition was published. These include the continued shortage of nursing faculty and the projected additional losses of experienced faculty due to impending retirements, as well as the implementation of the Affordable Care Act and Consensus Model for Advanced Practice Nursing.
This third edition covers curriculum development and evaluation in detail and provides the knowledge and practical applications needed by new and experienced faculty to confidently embrace the academic role. With an emphasis on interdisciplinary collaboration throughout, the text focuses on the growth of simulation, guidance for new faculty transitioning from a clinical to academic role, developing curricula for practice and academic settings, program evaluation, accreditation activities, and recommendation for research in nursing education. Also addressed is the explosion of DNP programs across the country and its effect on practice and education, as well as the controversy surrounding the use of simulation. Chapter objectives, discussion points, learning activities, references and a glossary enhance learning and retention of material. The text is a valuable resource for CNE certification review.
New to the Third Edition:
- New chapter: Role of Faculty in Curriculum Development and Evaluation
- New chapter: Financial Support and Budget Management for Curriculum Development
- New chapter: Research and Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing Education
- Emphasis on guiding the assimilation of new instructors into faculty roles of program and curriculum development, instructional design, and student evaluation
- New content on curriculum evaluation, financial support, and budget management
- Strong focus on Interdisciplinary Educational Collaboration throughout
- Addresses the need for preparing more faculty to educate thousands of new nurses as defined by the IOM Report, the Affordable Care Act, and the Consensus Model
- Instructor Materials including: PowerPoint slides, syllabi, teaching/learning strategies, learning activities and associated rubrics for grading.
|Manufacturer:||Springer Publishing Company|
|Brand:||Keating Sarah B|
|Publisher:||Springer Publishing Company|
|Studio:||Springer Publishing Company|
|Item Weight:||1.96 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.14 x 10 x 10 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.85 pounds|
|Package Size:||7 x 0.9 x 0.9 inches|