Emergency and Trauma Care for Nurses and Paramedics, 2e
Mega Sale! Save 29% on the Emergency and Trauma Care for Nurses and Paramedics, 2e by Clair Ramsden Kate Curtis at Nursing Comments. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The second edition of Emergency and Trauma Care for Nurses and Paramedics provides the most up-to-date and comprehensive coverage of clinical
The second edition of Emergency and Trauma Care for Nurses and Paramedics provides the most up-to-date and comprehensive coverage of clinical procedures and issues encountered in contemporary emergency care in Australia and New Zealand. Written by leading academics and clinicians, this fully revised and updated edition follows the patient’s journey from pre-hospital retrieval to definitive care. With a strong focus on multidisciplinary care, this evidence-based emergency and trauma resource will appeal to pre-hospital care providers, rural, remote and urban emergency nurses and allied health professionals, as well as disaster management and interfacility transport staff. Essential concepts are covered in a logical order, commencing with:
- An introduction to emergency professions and professional issues
- Clinical and health systems
- Patient presentations ordered by body system as well as toxicology, envenomation, ocular, environmental emergencies and unique population groups
- Major trauma assessment and management and end-of-life care information and considerations.
Emergency and Trauma Care for Nurses and Paramedics 2e continues to be the pre-eminent resource for students preparing to enter the emergency environment and for clinicians seeking a greater understanding of multidisciplinary care from retrieval through to rehabilitation.
- A cultural safety approach is included throughout - addressing cultural diversity, beliefs and values and focusing on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and Mãori health
- Essentials outline the main points addressed in each chapter
- Practice tips throughout assist with communication skills, procedures and assessment
- Case studies are supported by questions and answers to encourage active learning
- New online resources available on Evolve, including over 30 new case studies with paramedic-specific questions.
- Highlighted skills - cross references to the Clinical Skills chapter throughout text
- Over 30 new case studies
- Patient journey from pre-hospital and emergency-specific case studies
- Critical thinking questions at the end of chapters
- Chapter 35 Obstetric emergencies now includes 'Supporting a normal birth'.
|Brand:||Clair Ramsden Kate Curtis|
|Item Weight:||7.8 pounds|
|Item Size:||2.25 x 10.75 x 10.75 inches|
|Package Weight:||8.85 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.5 x 2.3 x 2.3 inches|