Ending Hospital Readmissions: A Blueprint for SNFs
Free Shipping Included! Ending Hospital Readmissions: A Blueprint for SNFs by HCPro, Inc. at Nursing Comments. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Avoid the pitfalls that cost SNFs billions each year in preventable rehospitalizations An informed and proactive nursing home staff is a vital weapon
Avoid the pitfalls that cost SNFs billions each year in preventable rehospitalizations
An informed and proactive nursing home staff is a vital weapon in the struggle to keep residents from being readmitted to the hospital. Ending Hospital Readmissions: A Blueprint for SNFs delivers several practical strategies your facility can employ to combat this problem, such as enhanced resident assessment and documentation policies, provider partnerships that improve transitions of care, staff education tools, and methods to achieve resident and staff involvement. This book will show you the true financial consequences of unchecked resident readmission and provide you with the tools to do something about it!
The information in this book will help you develop a plan to:
- Ensure smooth care transitions through resident education and effective communication with staff and other care providers
- Reduce costs associated with rehospitalizations
- Prevent the incidence of hospital readmissions resulting from avoidable complications, medication problems, and adverse events
- Encourage the resident and family to participate in the transition to ensure satisfaction with quality of care
- Maintain or improve the resident's quality of life
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction Why Are Hospital Readmissions a Problem?
Chapter 2: Identifying the Origins and Causes of Problematic Transitions
Chapter 3: Reasons for Inappropriate Hospitalization and Rehospitalization
Chapter 4: Risk Factors
Chapter 5: Medicare Part A Basics
Chapter 6: Strategies to Avoid Rehospitalization for Caregivers
Chapter 7: Strategies to Avoid Rehospitalization for Managers
Chapter 8: Ensuring a Smooth Transition
DON, CNO, MDS coordinator, director of rehab, therapy director, administrator.
|Item Weight:||0 pounds|
|Item Size:||1 x 9.25 x 9.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.95 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.4 x 0.8 x 0.8 inches|