Ending Nurse-to-Nurse Hostility, Second Edition: Why Nurses Eat Their Young and Each Other
Free Shipping Included! Ending Nurse-to-Nurse Hostility, Second Edition: Why Nurses Eat Their Young and Each Other by HCPro at Nursing Comments. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The first and most respected book showing new and experienced nurses how to build a better workplace by facing and overcoming horizontal hostility is
The first and most respected book showing new and experienced nurses how to build a better workplace by facing and overcoming horizontal hostility is now updated.
Find out why this book is a best-seller and how it's empowered thousands of nurses to create positive change for themselves and their peers!
Revised to reflect current research on horizontal hostility in the nursing field (also known as lateral violence), Ending Nurse-to-Nurse Hostility, Second Edition, provides staff nurses and their managers with techniques to create a workplace that promotes team relationships and career development while preventing burnout.
Ending Nurse-to-Nurse Hostility provides staff nurses and their managers with the knowledge they need to:
- Identify verbal abuse, bullying, and other detrimental behaviors
- Develop responses to defuse or head off such behaviors
- Create positive alternatives to hostility
These skills support the success of the individual nurse, the unit, and patient care quality at a time when healthcare systems are publicly ranked on patient experience and outcomes.
Horizontal hostility, also known as bullying or lateral violence, is a major factor in nursing attrition rates. Healthcare organizations that don't proactively create a healthy workplace face the expense of finding, hiring, and training new nurses to replace burned-out staff.
This book provides the following benefits:
- Skills: Nurses will learn skills for identifying and responding to verbal abuse, bullying, and other detrimental behaviors that undermine individual nurses, the unit, and the quality of patient care.
- Real-world examples: Gain insightful reflections from individual nurses who have experienced horizontal hostility, presented in their own voices.
- Author voice: Kathleen Bartholomew is a beloved nursing author who is authoritative yet approachable and always respectful.
- Scholarship: Extensive references draw on the latest empirical and theoretical literature concerning horizontal hostility.
- Culture change: Improve nurse retention, nurse productivity, and hospital rankings with an improved environment for patient care.
Ending Nurse-to-Nurse Hostility, Second Edition will help you to:
- Define horizontal hostility.
- List two overt and covert examples of horizontal hostility from your work setting.
- Discuss the impact that horizontal hostility has on 1) the individual and 2) the organization.
- Identify two intrinsic forces that play a role in horizontal hostility.
- Explain how the organizational structure enables oppression.
- Select two factors that contribute to nurses' stress from the context of our world.
- List two impediments to a healthy student or resident nurse experience.
- Describe six steps that can be taken to create a healthy environment for student nurses.
- Name two signs that may indicate that horizontal hostility is taking place.
- Explain what is meant by a 'twofold approach' to eliminating horizontal hostility.
- Identify two practices or behaviors characteristic of an open system
What's new in the second edition:
- Interventions demonstrated methods proven to end horizontal hostility
- Acknowledged stresses on nurses related to increased complexity and compression of their workload, computerized charting, and staffing
- New information on leadership styles and hostility
- Sociological underpinnings of horizontal hostility and understanding human behavior in groups
- Bullying on social media/cyberbullying
- Insightful reflections from individual nurses who have experienced all forms of horizontal hostility, presented in their own voices
|Item Weight:||1 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.5 x 8.75 x 8.75 inches|
|Package Weight:||1 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.9 x 0.7 x 0.7 inches|