Family Practice Guidelines, Fourth Edition
Extreame Savings Item! Save 47% on the Family Practice Guidelines, Fourth Edition by Ingramcontent at Nursing Comments. MPN: 9780826177117. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. This bible of family practice for primary care students and clinicians provides current national practice guidelines for professional standards of
This bible of family practice for primary care students and clinicians provides current national practice guidelines for professional standards of care across the life span. Concise and clearly organized, the resource features detailed, step-by-step instructions for physical examinations and diagnostic testing in the outpatient setting, information on health promotion, care guidelines, dietary information, information on culturally responsive care, patient resources, and abundant patient education handouts.
This fourth edition is updated to include new evidence-based guidelines for rheumatology, public health (featuring updated information on substance abuse, violence, obesity, homelessness, and lesbian health), the sports physical exam and interventions, endocrinology, new Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations for health maintenance, posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) assessment and management, restless legs syndrome, sexual dysfunction treatment, and psychiatric disorders. Several new and updated Patient Teaching Guides--with printable education points--add to the book's outstanding utility as a thorough and reliable clinical resource. Each of the 268 diagnoses includes defi nition, incidence, pathogenesis, predisposing factors, common complaints, signs/symptoms, subjective data, physical exam and diagnostic tests, differential diagnosis, and a care plan.
New to the Fourth Edition:
New and updated guidelines for:
- Rheumatology: polymyalgia rheumatica, Sjögren’s syndrome, psoriatic arthropathy, pseudogout (calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate), ankylosing spondolitis, reactive arthritis, Raynaud's syndrome
- Public Health: substance abuse, violence, obesity, homelessness, lesbian health
- Sports Exam: assessment and treatment
- CDC recommendations: vaccine and cancer screening
- Endocrinology: diabetes management and new Food and Drug Administration-approved medications
- JNC 8 guidelines for hypertension
- Neurology: PTSD and restless legs syndrome management
- Sexual dysfunction
- Bipolar and other behavioral health disorders
New and updated Patient Teaching Guides
- Presents information for 268 disorders in consistent format for ease of use
- Highlights key considerations with Practice Pointers
- Provides individual care points for pediatric, pregnant, and geriatric patients
- Includes 138 printable Patient Teaching Guides
- Offers 18 procedure guidelines and routine health maintenance guidelines
- Practice anytime, anywhere on your mobile device or web browser!
- Available on iOS, Android, and the web, with a powerful, simple-to-use interface
- Detailed results showing your strengths and weaknesses
- Includes all the high-quality content from the book!
|Manufacturer:||Springer Publishing Company|
|Publisher:||Springer Publishing Company|
|Studio:||Springer Publishing Company|
|Item Size:||1.75 x 11 x 11 inches|
|Package Weight:||4.4 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.5 x 1.42 x 1.42 inches|