Health Promotion Throughout the Life Span, 8e (Health Promotion Throughout the Lifespan (Edelman))
Extreame Savings Item! Save 41% on the Health Promotion Throughout the Life Span, 8e (Health Promotion Throughout the Lifespan (Edelman)) by Brand: Mosby at Nursing Comments. MPN: 9780323091411. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. With the advent of health care reform and an emphasis on reducing health care costs, health promotion and disease prevention is a priority in nursing
With the advent of health care reform and an emphasis on reducing health care costs, health promotion and disease prevention is a priority in nursing care. Be prepared with Health Promotion Throughout the Life Span, 8th Edition, your comprehensive guide to major health promotion concepts. Featuring practical guidance – including boxes on diversity awareness, evidence-based practice, innovative practice, hot topics, and quality and safety as well as case studies and care plans – our experienced authors give you all the tools you need to stay current on the latest research and trends in health promotion.
- Extensive coverage of growth and development throughout the lifespan emphasizes the unique problems and health promotion needs of each age and stage of development.
- Separate chapters on each population – group, individual, family, and community – stress the unique issues faced when providing care to each group.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes emphasize current research efforts and opportunities in health promotion.
- Hot Topics and Innovative Practice boxes engage students’ interest by introducing significant issues, trends, and creative programs and projects in health promotion practice.
- Diversity Awareness boxes address various cultural perspectives and provide important information that needs to be considered in planning care.
- Case studies and care plans present realistic situations that challenge students to reflect upon important health promotion concepts.
- Think About It boxes dig deeper into the chapter topic and encourage critical thinking.
- Numerous pedagogical features such as objectives, key terms, and textual summaries highlight the most important concepts and terms in each chapter.
- NEW! Healthy People 2020 boxes include related goals and objectives for each chapter to address emerging health issues and health priorities over the next decade.
- NEW! Quality and Safety scenarios include examples and suggestions to encourage quality and safety in nursing.
- NEW! Redesigned Nutrition chapter highlights the new Dietary Guidelines for Americans and the MyPlate food guide.
- NEW! Standard headings in the growth and development chapters reinforce the concepts of Gordon's Functional Health Patterns.
|Item Weight:||3.04 pounds|
|Item Size:||1 x 11 x 11 inches|
|Package Weight:||3 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.5 x 1 x 1 inches|