Home Care Nursing Practice: Concepts and Application, 4e (Home Health Nursing Practice: Concepts & Appl ( Rice))
Home Care Nursing Practice: Concepts and Application, 4e (Home Health Nursing Practice: Concepts & Appl ( Rice)) by Brand: Mosby at Nursing Comments. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Known for its comprehensive, readable, consistent format, as well as its coverage of pediatric and geriatric patients, this practical text and
- Essential information is provided on conditions most commonly seen in home care, including clients with congestive heart failure, ventilator-dependent patients, patients receiving IV therapy, and patients with AIDS.
- A consistent format in the clinical chapters describes pathophysiology, assessment guidelines, equipment issues, and home care management - so information is easy to reference.
- Separate chapters highlight unique care considerations for children and elderly patients.
- Patient education boxes for each condition summarize important information patients need to know.
- A chapter on working with families in the home emphasizes the importance of providing care to caregivers as well as the patient.
- Content examines the role of the home care nurse, preparation for that role, and how that role has changed over the years.
- Guidelines for planning and conducting a home visit are included.
- Discussion of the importance of proper documentation in home care includes guidelines for Medicare reimbursement.
- Information on infection control in the home is provided, including the latest CDC guidelines.
- A chapter on oncology home care emphasizes the unique needs of cancer patients who receive nursing care in their home.
- A chapter on social services for home care patients explores the numerous support services available to assist in the provision of home care.
- A chapter on innovative, holistic nursing strategies examines their implementation through telehealth methods.
- New trends in telehealth are discussed, including specific guidelines, legal standards, telephone triage, and intentionality of health care via the telephone.
- HIPAA content is discussed in the legal/ethical chapter to highlight the changes brought about by this new federal legislation.
- Community disaster planning and bioterrorism content in the environmental chapter emphasizes the impact of this issue on people in their homes.
- The psychosocial aspect of home care is addressed, taking into account its effect on a client's physical condition.
- Additional safety information is provided in the elderly chapter, such as a home evacuation plan, to reinforce the need for the elderly to have all safety needs addressed.
|Item Weight:||2.04 pounds|
|Item Size:||1 x 9 x 9 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.95 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.3 x 1 x 1 inches|