Introduction to Basic Cardiac Dysrhythmias, 4e
Introduction to Basic Cardiac Dysrhythmias, 4e by Mosby/JEMS at Nursing Comments. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Using straightforward, easy-to-understand language, this essential resource helps you understand how the heart functions and how to interpret ECGs -
- A logical sequence of content with simple medical terms follows the normal conduction pathways of the heart from the atria to the ventricles.
- Coverage of basic anatomy, as well as components of monitoring and interpretation of rhythm strips, helps you better understand how the heart functions and how to interpret ECGs.
- Clear explanations of basic cardiac dysrhythmias provide an overview of what is happening in the heart's electrical conduction system to cause the appearance of a dysrhythmia.
- Review questions and rhythm strips at the end of Chapters 1-7 allow you to assess your understanding before moving on to more complex information.
- Each chapter offers fun and engaging crossword and word-find puzzles to help you easily learn and remember new information.
- Chapter 8 provides a comprehensive review of 40 dysrhythmias with sample strips and criteria for identification.
- 200 practice rhythm strips in Chapter 10 offer additional opportunities to sharpen your interpretation skills.
- 22 detailed case studies allow you to apply your knowledge of dysrhythmias, rhythm interpretation, symptoms, and treatment to realistic clinical situations.
- Information on current cardiac adjunct therapies familiarizes you with pacemakers, automatic implantable cardioverter defibrillators (AICD), and automated external defibrillators (AED).
- 34 medication flashcards and 32 rhythm strip flashcards provide a fun and convenient way to study.
- Chapter objectives, outlines, and definitions help you study more effectively and quickly locate specific information.
- New full-color format makes it easier to locate key information. ECGs now in full color, too!
- A new companion CD contains 180 rhythm strips for additional practice and cardiac animations to bring anatomic and physiologic concepts to life.
- New heart rate ruler is a handy tool to help you determine heart rate while learning ECG recognition.
- Coverage of all topics reflects the 2005 emergency cardiovascular care guidelines to ensure the most accurate, relevant information.
- Expanded coverage of myocardial infarction includes the latest ECG monitoring and interpretation guidelines.
- Updated abbreviations reflect The Joint Commission's recommendations to promote standardized usage of abbreviations.
|Item Weight:||2.72 pounds|
|Item Size:||1 x 10.75 x 10.75 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.9 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.5 x 0.8 x 0.8 inches|