Introduction to Maternity & Pediatric Nursing, 5e
Mega Sale! Save 27% on the Introduction to Maternity & Pediatric Nursing, 5e by Brand: Saunders at Nursing Comments. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Part of the popular LPN Threads series, this leading text provides a solid foundation in obstetrics and pediatric nursing. Its concise, logical
- Focuses on family-centered care, health promotion and illness prevention, women's health issues, and growth and development of the child and parent.
- Covers a wide range of maternal and pediatric care with 35 skills and provides expected outcomes, interventions, and rationales for nursing care 30 nursing care plans.
- Critical Thinking Questions at the end of each Nursing Care Plan challenge students to evaluate and apply the plan of care to specific clinical situations.
- Nursing Tips throughout the text provide pertinent information applicable in the clinical setting.
- Pictorial story of a vaginal birth includes photos through delivery.
- Cultural considerations as they relate to pregnancy and delivery, maternal/infant, and pediatric care in detailed tables help nurses develop cultural sensitivity when caring for diverse patient populations.
- Cultural Assessment Data Collection Tool checklist assists the nurse in developing an individualized plan of care.
- Health Promotion Considerations boxes focus on prenatal wellness, health during pregnancy, postnatal health, and more.
- Companion CD-ROM, bound with the book, includes videos of both a normal delivery and a cesarian birth, 70 neonatal and pediatric assessment video clips, 3-D animations, audio glossary, and Patient Teaching Plans in Spanish and English.
- Discusses CPR specifically for the pregnant patient.
- MyPyramid illustrates the 2005 revised nutrition guidelines from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Provides discussions of changes in clinical care recommendations, including use of Ipecac® for poisoning, vaginal birth after caesarian, and pain relief in newborns.
- Includes the latest content on infectious diseases acquired during pregnancy, sexual abuse, assault, rape in the pediatric population, and the adolescent as a parent.
- Includes an appendix of JCAHO Lists of Dangerous Abbreviations, Acronyms, and Symbols.
|Item Weight:||2.45 pounds|
|Item Size:||1 x 10.5 x 10.5 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.45 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.4 x 0.9 x 0.9 inches|