Moderate Sedation/Analgesia: Core Competencies for Practice, 2e
On Sale Now! Free Shipping Included! Save 7% on the Moderate Sedation/Analgesia: Core Competencies for Practice, 2e by Brand: Saunders at Nursing Comments. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. This 2nd edition focuses on the preprocedural, procedural, and postprocedural care of the moderately sedated patient. It is designed for any
- Includes a greater focus on the core competencies necessary for clinical practice.
- Concept Checks are integrated throughout to help the learner assess the mastering of the content presented.
- Includes the recommended standards of practice from the ANA, AORN, American Academy of Pediatrics, and JCAHO's Sample Policies & Procedures.
- Contains sample clinical competencies for moderate sedation so the book can be used as a study guide and measurement tool.
- Incorporates throughout important information on the specific moderate sedation parameters of the pediatric and geriatric patients addressing preprocedural assessment, physiologic variations, pharmacologic considerations and sedative techniques.
- Includes a comprehensive pharmacologic profile of each medication used in the moderate sedation practice setting.
- Follows a recommended ‘core curriculum' format, but each idea and concept are discussed in detail.
- Increased integration of actual Clinical Scenarios facilitates the application of content knowledge and utilization of critical thinking skills.
- Integration of herbal preparations and their impact on pre-sedation care.
- Latest JCAHO Sedation/Anesthesia Guidelines (2004) incorporated throughout.
- A larger trim size (8.5 x 11) provides more of a ‘manual' feel and allows the reader to make notes and work through various tools throughout the book.
|Item Weight:||1.62 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.81 x 11 x 11 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.95 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.2 x 0.8 x 0.8 inches|