Nursing Health Assessment: A Best Practice Approach
Mega Sale! Free Shipping Included! Save 23% on the Nursing Health Assessment: A Best Practice Approach by LWW at Nursing Comments. MPN: illustrations. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Publisher’s Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any
Normal and abnormal findings are presented in side-by-side columns and comprehensive examinations are included for each topic. Additional features, online resources, and book-related media build on the in-text cases to reinforce correct elements of subjective and objective data collection and variations necessary for different problems, age groups, and cultures.
- Learning Objectives highlight the key information you need to master by the time you have completed the chapter.
- Hundreds of full-color photos and illustrations help you retain important concepts.
- Clinical Significance features highlight content critically related to clinical application.
- Safety Alert boxes present important areas of concern or results that require immediate intervention or adjustments.
- A Threaded Case Study in every chapter demonstrates real-world application through a wide range of innovative features.
- Therapeutic Dialogue displays provide examples of “less effective” and “more effective” communication to help you hone the communication skills you will use with patients when gathering assessment data.
- SBARFramework (Situation, Background, Analysis or Assessment, and Recommendations) helps you organize details when coordinating referrals or other patient advocacy needs.
- Documenting Abnormal Findings: The results from the case are charted using the four techniques of physical assessment (Inspection, Palpation, Percussion, and Auscultation).
- Analyzing Findings: A sample SOAP note (Subjective Data, Objective Data, Analysis, and Plan) shows you how to analyze assessment information and plan care based upon the assessment.
- Reflection and Critical Thinking: One priority problem is identified and a plan of care is developed based upon the assessment.
- Structure and Function Overview sections review anatomy and physiology and provide additional content on variations related to lifespan and culture.
- Acute Assessment sections summarize emergency signs and symptoms to look for and immediate assessments and interventions to implement.
- Subjective Data Collection sections focus on areas for health promotion, risk assessment, and health-related patient teaching. and provide focused assessments for common symptoms.
- Objective Data Collection sections cover equipment, preparation, techniques, normal findings, abnormal findings, lifespan and cultural adaptations, and sample documentation.
- Evidence-based Critical Thinking sections explain how nurses analyze findings and take the next steps to address patients’ concerns. Sections include Common Laboratory and Diagnostic Testing, Nursing Diagnosis/Outcomes/ Interventions, Organizing and Prioritizing, Collaboration with Other Health Care Professionals, and Applying Your Knowledge.
- Tables of Abnormal Findings cluster common abnormalities related to the specific assessment with compare-and-contrast information on key data points.
- NCLEX Review sections include 10 NCLEX-style test questions per chapter to help you master concepts and prepare for the boards.
|Item Weight:||0 pounds|
|Item Size:||2 x 12 x 12 inches|
|Package Weight:||4.85 pounds|
|Package Size:||9 x 1.4 x 1.4 inches|