Philosophy of Science for Nursing Practice: Concepts and Application
Free Shipping Included! Philosophy of Science for Nursing Practice: Concepts and Application by Brand: Springer Publishing Company at Nursing Comments. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Named a 2013 Doody's Core Title! A challenge ahead for nursing is to take the path of most resistance rather than the easier road of least
Named a 2013 Doody's Core Title!
A challenge ahead for nursing is to take the path of most resistance rather than the easier road of least resistance. The debate needs to continue...[by focusing on] whether nursing is teaching an appropriate level of inquiry including philosophy and methodologies specific to those real-world, rapidly changing conditions that characterize today's practice environment."
From the Foreword by Sally J. Reel, PhD, RN, FNP, BC, FAAN, FAANP
University of Arizona College of Nursing
Dean and Professor
Kent State University
College of Nursing
This appears to be the first book that focuses on the philosophy of science and its application to practice doctorates. The authors assume readers may not have a formal background in the philosophy of science, and write in a conversational tone with a minimum of difficult terminology. They discuss the current state of DNP education in a way that can foster discourse and debate." Score: 97, 5 Stars. --Doody's Medical Reviews
Tailored for both DNP and PhD doctoral nursing programs, this text is the first to focus on philosophy of science applications to the discipline of nursing. The authors, a philosopher and a nurse-scholar who co-teach the course upon which this volume is based, address a growing need for increased philosophy of science content in evolving DNP programs, as well as practice-oriented research considerations for this discipline.
The volume presents a creative use of the social, political, and historical content in which nursing has evolved. As a whole, this extremely important text reassures the student of the fluid and palpable connections between philosophy of science and nursing science and practice.Key Features:
- Explores the concept of nursing as a practice profession and assesses how much philosophy of science is needed for doctoral nursing students.
- Examines the practical application of the philosophy of science to both DNP and PhD students.
- Addresses the basic principles and concepts of the philosophy of science and their practical application for contemporary practice inquiry.
- Provides an overview of the century-long path to the development of nursing science that is an essential "bridge" to the philosophy of science content and serves as a "next step" towards building a nursing epistemology
- Reinforces important connections between the philosophy of science to nursing science and nursing practice.
|Manufacturer:||Springer Publishing Company|
|Brand:||Brand: Springer Publishing Company|
|Publisher:||Springer Publishing Company|
|Studio:||Springer Publishing Company|
|Item Weight:||1.45 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.89 x 10 x 10 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.46 pounds|
|Package Size:||6.89 x 0.94 x 0.94 inches|