Practical Guide to Moderate Sedation/Analgesia
On Sale Now! Save 10% on the Practical Guide to Moderate Sedation/Analgesia by Jan Odom Forren at Nursing Comments. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. When it comes to managing the care of a patient receiving conscious sedation/analgesia during a short-term therapeutic, diagnostic, or surgical
- Thorough content provides all the key, essential information needed for a complete understanding of moderate sedation/analgesia in practice.
- Detailed sections address the basic concepts of medications, administration techniques, potential complications and emergencies, monitoring parameters, developing a credentialing program, legal implications, and patient discharge.
- Learning tools focus on practical implementations, such as sample documentation forms, learner feedback, and questions and answer sections.
- A chapter on Pediatric Sedation presents the latest techniques and recommended guidelines for the proper management of this special population.
- The latest JCAHO Standards for Sedation and Analgesia are included to assist nurses and institutions with meeting these standards.
- A new chapter on geriatric sedation focuses on specific considerations for older adults receiving moderate sedation.
- A new chapter on risk management and legal issues provides important guidelines for understanding the scope of practice as it pertains to administering and monitoring patients receiving moderate sedation/analgesia.
- More in-depth discussion on aspects of care examines topics such as the role of the RN in monitoring the patient, the standards of care as applied to all types of facilities, and the discharge criteria within the PACU.
|Brand:||Jan Odom Forren|
|Item Weight:||0.92 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.82 x 8.82 x 8.82 inches|
|Package Weight:||1.37 pounds|
|Package Size:||6 x 0.83 x 0.83 inches|