Psychiatric Nursing Care Plans, 5e (Fortinash, Psychiatric Nursing Care Plans)
Huge Savings Item! Free Shipping Included! Save 20% on the Psychiatric Nursing Care Plans, 5e (Fortinash, Psychiatric Nursing Care Plans) by Mosby at Nursing Comments. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The most comprehensive psychiatric nursing care planning text available assists students and practitioners in providing effective care in a variety
- The first chapter, The Nursing Process, effectively describes the central principles of psychiatric nursing practice in detailing the ANA's six-step nursing process along with additional information on therapeutic nurse-client communication skills, client history and assessment tools, NIC and NOC, and more.
- The six-step nursing process format is maintained throughout to emphasize a practice-oriented, problem-solving approach to psychiatric care.
- Major psychiatric disorders are reviewed consistently and completely with sections including Etiology, Epidemiology, Assessment and Diagnostic Criteria, Interventions, and Prognosis and Discharge Criteria. With this basis of knowledge, relevant care plans are offered in the second section of each chapter.
- Care plans based on DSM-IV-TR medical and NANDA nursing diagnoses are logically and consistently organized with Assessment Data, Outcome Criteria, Planning and Implementation, and Evaluation sections.
- Assessment Data sections include detailed related factors (etiology) and defining characteristics or risk factors as appropriate for the specific diagnosis.
- Outcome Criteria sections give the reader clear indications of the desired end state.
- Planning and Implementation sections list specific, relevant, and practical nursing interventions with rationales in a clear, comprehensible two-column format. UNIQUE! Therapeutic and non-therapeutic dialogue examples are presented throughout to promote more effective client communication.
- Evaluation sections state the role of outcome evaluation as a critical and ongoing step in the nursing process.
- Client and Family Teaching boxes include Nurse Needs to Know and Teach Client and Family sections covering all aspects of post-treatment instructions for clients and caregivers.
- DSM-IV-TR boxes list all related DSM-IV-TR diagnoses for quick reference.
- Helpful appendices contain information and strategies that are timely and useful in the care of clients with mental and emotional disorders including such topics as psychiatric and psychosocial therapies, grief and loss, spirituality, and many more.
- New care plans, many that focus on the family, join completely updated and revised care plans to make this text the most comprehensive psychiatric nursing care planning text available.
- Dynamic internal design emphasizes the care plans as the focus of the text; tabbed pages noting the relevant disorder and a complete list of care plans with page number references make finding a specific care plan easier than ever before.
- Appropriate Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC) and Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC) labels are presented with each care plan in order that students become familiar with these emerging classifications and practicing nurses can easily identify them for use in their care setting if applicable.
- A comprehensive pharmacotherapy appendix includes the most recent psychotropic drug information and appropriate related client care.
- Online Resources for the nurse, client, and family conclude each chapter.
|Item Weight:||2.89 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.75 x 11 x 11 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.75 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.4 x 0.8 x 0.8 inches|