Sheehy's Emergency Nursing: Principles and Practice, 6th Edition
Huge Savings Item! Save 20% on the Sheehy's Emergency Nursing: Principles and Practice, 6th Edition by Ena at Nursing Comments. MPN: 9780323055857. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Written by emergency nurses for emergency nurses, this comprehensive, evidence-based resource covers the issues and procedures that are often unique
- 58 contributors offer valuable insights from a broad range of clinical positions in rural, suburban, and urban areas.
- High-quality radiographs and other diagnostic images help you learn to identify common conditions ― especially head trauma, fractures, and dislocations.
- Logically organized, chapters are grouped into six sections for quick access to important content: Foundations of Emergency Nursing, Professional Practice, Clinical Foundations of Emergency Nursing, Major Trauma Emergencies, Medical and Surgical Emergencies, and Special Patient Populations.
- Tables and boxes highlight and summarize critical information for at-a-glance reference.
- A separate unit on special patient populations covers topics such as child abuse, elder abuse, intimate partner violence, sexual assault, substance abuse and behavioral/pediatric/obstetrical emergencies.
- Priority nursing diagnoses are highlighted in a quick-reference appendix to help you focus on the most serious problems.
- Five new chapters bring you the most reliable, up-to-date information on these key topics:
- Management of the Critical Care Patient in the Emergency Department
- Family Presence During Resuscitation
- Forensic Nursing
- Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical Agents of Mass Destruction
- Influenza: Seasonal, Avian, and Pandemic
- Expanded coverage of shock and sepsis provides essential information on pathophysiology and diagnosis, with valuable guidelines for managing these patients.
- A detailed discussion of various types of triage systems and triage acuity ratings examines valid and reliable methods for differentiating between patients who require immediate treatment and those who can wait.
- Additional coverage of behavioral health emergencies includes new information on agitation, substance abuse, and suicide prevention.
|Item Weight:||3.95 pounds|
|Item Size:||1.25 x 11.5 x 11.5 inches|
|Package Weight:||3.57 pounds|
|Package Size:||8.82 x 1.34 x 1.34 inches|