Simulation Scenarios for Nursing Educators, Third Edition: Making it Real
Mega Sale! Save 28% on the Simulation Scenarios for Nursing Educators, Third Edition: Making it Real by Springer Publishing Company at Nursing Comments. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. When employed as a substitute for real clinical time, simulation scenarios have proven effective in bridging the gap between theory and practice.
When employed as a substitute for real clinical time, simulation scenarios have proven effective in bridging the gap between theory and practice. This acclaimed text for nursing faculty provides detailed, step-by-step guidance on all aspects of clinical simulation. Appropriate for all levels of nursing students, from pre-licensure to doctoral level, the book contains the authors’ own advice and experiences working in simulation around the globe.
For the third edition, 20 new scenarios have been added, and all scenarios have been updated to adhere to best-practice simulation standards for design, facilitator and participant criteria, interprofessional criteria, and debriefing processes. Scenarios are presented in a structured format that includes objectives, pre-scenario checklists, implementation plans, evaluation criteria, debriefing guidelines, and recommendations for further use. A template for creating scenarios spans the text and includes student preparation materials, forms to enhance the realness of the scenario, and checklists for practice assessment and evaluation.
This comprehensive resource covers geriatric, pediatric, trauma, obstetric, and community-based patient scenarios. This revised edition includes scenarios easily adaptable to an instructor’s own lab, an international perspective, and a section on graduate nursing education.
New to the Third Edition:
- 20 brand new scenarios in anesthesia, midwifery, pediatric, disaster, and other specialty-focused situations, plus five new chapters
- Updated to encompass new simulation pedagogy including best-practice standards
- New scenarios easily adapted to an instructor’s own lab
- Interprofessional and international scenarios focused on areas of global concern: obstetric hemorrhage, neonatal hypoglycemia, and deteriorating patients
- Includes information on how to integrate simulation into curricula
- Addresses conceptual and theoretical foundations of simulation in nursing education, including an expanded chapter on the Framework for Simulation Learning in Nursing Education
- Includes a wide variety of practical scenarios in ready-to-use format with instructions
- Provides a template for scenario development
- Delivers recommendations for integration of point-of-care decision-making tools
- Offers opportunities for enhancing complexity and incorporating interprofessional competencies
|Manufacturer:||Springer Publishing Company|
|Publisher:||Springer Publishing Company|
|Studio:||Springer Publishing Company|
|Item Size:||1.5 x 10 x 10 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.71 pounds|
|Package Size:||7.01 x 1.46 x 1.46 inches|